Wednesday, February 13, 2008

No Fate But What We Make

No Fate But What We Make. You probably remember this quote from the Terminator movie series when California's Governor Schwarzenegger was an actor. However, I seriously mean that you should take this phrase of words seriously.

When I read, "Autobiography of a Yogi" in my teens and twenties by Paramahansa Yogananda from India I first encountered this point of view. I thought it was great then when he told his parents who had arranged his future marriage as a child that he wasn't getting married and was going to be a Swami who changed the world, which he did by bringing some of India's mystical truths to america. Even though he passed on around 1950 he came to the United States around 1920 and basically remained here and greatly changed thought in California and to some degree in the rest of the western world as well.

What I'm getting at is your only limitation of what you can accomplish in your life is what you believe. Though I don't consider myself perfect at this I ALWAYS rebel when anyone says "You have to do this this way as it is the only way." I immediately know they are full of it because my whole life's experience tells me that there are almost an infinite number of ways to do anything. So remember this in your life. Your only real limitation in life is what you believe!

No comments: