Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Paradox of Life

The Paradox of Life.God must really want me alive. It's almost ten years now. It will be this next September. I had to retire in November 1998 after an angiogram. My wife insisted on it. The doctors didn't think I would live. So I prepared for death. About that same time we visited my wife's mother and stepfather. Because I've always been extremely intuitive and precognitive I knew when we saw my wife's mother that she would die soon. (within the year). So though I knew my wife might get hysterical I told her that I thought her mother wasn't long for this world. I got slapped around some and screamed at but I was right. Two months later her mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Two months after that she died. One month before that my wife's stepmother who was married to my wife's dad died. One month after my wife's mother had died and tw months after her stepmother had died my wife had a miscarriage of our 2nd child. My wife later told me that the only reason she lived the next two years was for my living daughter then 3 years old and I. About the same time as my wife's miscarriage my doctors told me they had finally diagnosed my heart problem and that I was not only going to live I might live to 80 or more. This is after 7 months of thinking I was going to die. Intuitively, I thought otherwise but in this culture we tend to listen to our doctors.

It's fairly easy to write about this now because it is almost 10 years past. However, it changed me life a lot. Since then I have lost one friend, two cousins, lost a friend to early alzheimers, and lost my mother to senile dementia. My mother and one friend are still alive they just don't know who I am or who they are.

My one remaining good friend broke his arm skiing last April and tore his rotator cusp in his shoulder so he can't sleep more than 5 hours at a time because of the pain. We skied several miles on Mt. Shasta a week ago together on metal edged cross country skis from Bunny Flats to 7 mile curve on Everitt Memorial Highway on Mt. Shasta.

On top of all this last June I was diagnosed as having a thyroid problem and once I started taking the medication all my heart problems ended, my low blood sugar problems ended and my bouts with hypothermia ended. So now I can see I might live to 100 or more. I'm almost 60 and have already been basically retired for 10 years this fall. The paradox of life!

No comments: