Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Obama, too Good to be True?

Obama, Too good to be true? In my life I have found that those things that are too good to be true usually are. So when I look at Obama, my first reaction is that he is a Bard, A Rock Star, like Bill Clinton. However, unlike Clinton Obama has never been a governor of any state. And, if you will look historically, Governors have always made the best Presidents because they are actually used to running something the size of most countries. So, when I look at Obama I see a black Clinton who doesn't have the redeeming factor of having been a governor for two or more terms. So, likely he will have all the problems in the long run(and more) that Bill Clinton did without his redeeming quality of actually knowing how to govern a country efficiently. No matter what you might say about Bush, he too, having been governor of Texas knew a little bit about governing a country from running Texas. So, what I'm saying is that with 9-11 and a different president the outcome might have been much worse,like the collapse of our democracy.

When I heard Bill Clinton say,"I've waited all my life to be able to vote for a black man or a woman for president." These are my sentiments too. However, who is the best person for the job? At this point I don't have a good answer for that. For example, I have always respected McCain because of his independant maverick ways. I can identify with that. However, if he picked Huckabee as Vice President I could never vote for them because I think anyone who believes in a literal interpretation of the Bible, like Huckabee is an ignorant fool. It would be like Me saying something now like, "I love God!" . Then we must wait 2000 years and translate what I have said through about 10 different languages to the point where "I love God" becomes "He likes Dieties sometimes". If you have ever got about 10 people in a circle and one person whispers in the next ones ear all around the circle when you hear what you said it wasn't what you said or meant at all. So this is why people who literally interpret any Bible or religious document more than 100 years after it was uttered and ten translations later I can only believe are ignorant fools.

So, when I see Obama, I think to myself. This man knows how to inspire people and keep them from potentially killing themselves. However, that doesn't run a country and pay its bills and keep the people in jobs and maintain our democracy. All that does is make people feel good. I'm afraid that even though he looks now to be too good to be true, that is a real problem. Because anything that looks too good to be true usually is.

No comments: