Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ski Ticket

I have always had the habit of wearing my ski ticket until the next season on my ski jacket. Since I often also wear my ski jacket when riding my KLR 650 the ticket might flap in the breeze some. But, today I was wondering whether I had been skiing on Mt. Hood in June or in July so I looked closely at my ticket and realized it was mid July. Though I might have skied on Mt. Shasta at 10,000 feet with cross country skis in July before I realized I have never before skied anywhere that I can remember from a lift from 4900 feet altitude up to 8500 feet altitude in the middle of July. I've seen it done at Mammoth Mountain because they have a ski lift up to about 11, 000 feet:

 

Scenic Gondola

 

The summit of Mammoth at 11,053 feet is perhaps the most stunning view you'll find in California. Enjoy 360 degree views of over 400 miles of high altitude peaks. But don't be fooled by the remote elevation – once you reach the top you'll discover there's plenty to do. You'll be amazed at what you find above 11,000 feet.

Kids Ride FREE!  Up to two kids 12 and under ride the gondola for FREE with a paying adult!

Don't forget Fido - well behaved dogs on a leash are welcome on the Scenic Gondola and hiking trails.

Hours:  9am to 4:30pm daily

$5 Off Scenic Gondola Ride with Reds Meadow Ticket*

Use your Reds Meadow (Devils Postpile) shuttle ticket for $5 off a Mammoth Scenic Gondola ride.
Regular Scenic Gondola Ride Prices: Adult $24, Teen & Senior $19; Discounted Prices with Reds Meadow Shuttle Ticket: Adult $19, Teen & Senior $14.
*Reds Meadow shuttle ticket valid for discounted Scenic Gondola Ride on the same day or the day following the Reds Meadow shuttle ride.  Reds Meadow shuttle ticket must be turned in at time of Scenic Gondola Ride purchase to receive discount.
Show your ticket at the Adventure Center to get your discount! 
end quote from:
http://www.mammothmountain.com/MountainActivities/SummerActivities/ScenicGondola/

However, I looked at Mammoth Mountain and even they are now closed this time of year. However, likely places like Mt. Hood and Whistler in Canada north of Vancouver people likely are still skiing on glaciers year around. So, this was a first for me and I have been skiing since 1963 when I was 15.

However, I just checked Mt. Hood and for some reason they are closed now until October 5th


Current Conditions

Above The Clouds
September 24th, 2012Updated 5:34 AM
52° Above The Clouds
WIND: mph
TODAY AT TIMBERLINE:
Enjoy a cool day at your Historic Timberline Lodge.

Promotions

Lift Status

Lift Status Regular Operating Hours

Magic Mile

ClosedClosed for the Season until October 5

Magic Mile Sky Ride

ClosedClosed for the Season until October 5

Palmer

ClosedClosed for the Season until October 5

Freestyle Terrain Park Status

Freestyle Terrain Page
Terrain Status Regular Operating Hours

Palmer Park

Closed end quote from:http://www.timberlinelodge.com/conditions/

No comments: