Here is the quote:
"First, there's the Occam's razor explanation. U.S. stocks, as well as T-Bills are simply the nicest houses in the ugly neighborhood that is the global economy. 'This year, for the first time since 2007, it's likely that U.S. growth is going to outperform global growth.' notes Ruchir Sharma, head of emerging markets and global macroeconomics for Morgan Stanley Investment management. Americans think that a 2% economy is terrible; in Europe, it would be a gift." end quote from page 24 in the latest Time magazin from September 24th, 2012.
So, if I presume then that the U.S. economy is going to outperform global growth this year, if I was a global investor where do you think I would put my money? That's right! I would put it in T-Bills and U.S. stocks and I also might take advantage of resident status and invest in property as well so I could live here through my investments into the U.S. economy. This is the reason the U.S. stock market is so high right now because it is the only real game in town (globally speaking for now) for relatively safe worldwide investments.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment