Saturday, March 4, 2017

Technology Progressions?

If you are interested in becoming a Futurist like me, then one of the easiest ways to start on this path is to have a blog like mine.

It is very very educational regarding being a Futurist. If you watch your stats (Statistics) page, you will find that people are not reading the articles you expect they will.

Why is this?

Because you cannot predict what will cause an article to go viral. You might think you know the answer, but you really don't. So, for example, on my worldwide blog here intuitivefred888 I might think an entirely different set of articles would be the ones people would go viral on. However, even I would be wrong, because literally there is no article that I might expect would go viral that has on my site except two.

Here is one that makes sense that it went viral:

and here is another:
The first article makes sense because people want to know what effects humans have always had on the environment. Any curious high school or college student around the world would want to know more about this..

The second one is more basic. It is Cessna 152 which describes here in the U.S. what it takes to get a pilots license which basically is a lot of. money and time. Almost every boy or outdoors girl dreams of flying there own plane one day. However, as you can see when you read this it is very very expensive per hour to do this.

I myself, soloed in a Cessna 152 I believe it was in 1989, 4 years after my father passed away. However, at that time I had kids to get through High school and college and this is as far as I took it then. However, then in 1999 I got a heart virus and other complications up until now which now prevent me from flying a regular plane and getting a license. However, even now, my doctor (who does physicals for pilots) says I can still fly experimental planes like motorized hang gliders or motorized paraglider even without a regular pilots license. However, being as Bold a person as I have always been in regard to taking physical risks, everyone tells me I have no business flying a plane, especially those who have had bold relatives like me who have died in planes already.

So, who should be flying planes?

People who are methodical but not bold.

Flying is very very very unforgiving.

One bold Mistake and it's your last mistake as well as the last thing your passengers are ever going to do in life.

So, yes. I have flown planes and gliders and even hang gliders but not yet paraglider because my wife asked me not to because I'm 68 years old and she doesn't want to die alone without me. So, we fly worldwide on passenger jets which are statistically much safer than small planes. 

But, here's the crazy thing. If you are a good, safe and not bold pilot flying a plane is six times safer than driving a car on city streets.

However, back to the original point which is that, being a futurist is a little different than you might think.

You are going to know what likely will be invented but you are not going to know what people are going to do with those inventions because the human heart is very fickle and unpredictable in the end.

So, as to what inventions are going to be popular and used a lot it is a fluke always.

For example, who would have thought that people would use cell phones even though they slowly destroy your brains and hands if you put them up against your head to talk?

And who would have thought people would accept Cell phones even though they are a targeting device for missiles and drones worldwide? And who would have thought people would have accepted the fact that governments and criminals around the world are going to know within 2 to 3 feet of where you are every moment you have your cell phones with you around the world? And who would have thought that people would let governments and criminals listen in to every conversation, every text and every email in their lives, and every blog in their lives?

And who would have thought that there would be over 5 billion cellphones in use around the world right now?

So, theoretically any one or all of these folks could be targeted by drones or missiles or gunfire at any moment?

This is what I mean. What actually happens in reality is so far beyond the expectations of any of us that it just wouldn't be believed by people 30 years ago for example.

What people will actually tolerate is beyond belief!

And that is what you won't get as a futurist.

No comments: