Under 2.0 you don't usually notice or feel them much. You usually start to notice them at 3.0 and above when you are at or near the epicenter of the quake right then. Then, at first you think you are seeing things (because you might not have witnessed and earthquake you could notice within a couple of years. Then you might see the chandaliers moving with anything larger than a 3.0 to 4.0. Sometimes like obviously in L.A. this one was scary even at 3.6 for newbies to earthquakes in L.A.
When you get above a 4.0 it can start to get a little difficult because this is where people might get hurt more. 4.0 to 5.0 and 6.0 water begins to slosh out of pools (this is a problem if adults or children are in them at the time). At 6.0 pictures and things start flying off walls and sometimes cracks appear in the walls around doorways or windows in your house or apartment which can be disconcerting to look at and make you question the integrity of where you are right then.
But, anything above 6.0 to 7.0 is ALWAYS serious especially if you are on the epicenter no matter what you have to be very careful of power lines falling telephone poles coming down with 1000 volt lines arcing and sparking along the ground and 1 to 2 foot gaps in the pavement on bridges or freeways or over rivers or stream beds collapsed. You might be perfectly okay in your home above a 6.0 only go walk out of your house and get electrocuted because you aren't being careful enough. Or you might drive your motorcycle or car down a road that has broken in two and now you run into a crack that separates the whole road by 1 to 3 feet and run into that in the dark. So it's really important whenever your quake is above a 4.0 or a 5.0 to be VERY observant so you and your relatives and friends aren't injured or die from something you are missing observing after over a 4.0 or a 5.0 or a 6.0 anywhere on earth.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- What is Dragon of Compassion All About?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- most read articles of the last 168 hours or 7 days as of November 10th 2019 Sunday