Thursday, November 2, 2023

The Highest temperature I saw yesterday was in Buellton

which was 90 Degrees Fahrenheit which I found pretty surprising this late in the year. It was in the 80s in Paso Robles and in King City too, however, But, I didn't expect it to be 90 in Buellton, California.

Traveling south on 101 I noticed that it was pretty dry to about Atascadero. After San Luis Obispo there was some green too which is very unusual for this time of year. However when I reached Santa Barbara my daughter said it had rained a few weeks ago which explained the greenness many places so this began to make more sense. However, all the way south from the San Francisco Area the rivers were still flowing like the Salinas River which often crosses 101 many times as you travel south past the town of Salinas heading south. So, it was a very beautiful day that was clear with no smoke or fog high or low traveling south yesterday. It was a very good day. I found myself singing to myself traveling south and even decided to record myself on my phone and sent a copy of it to my wife. She said it reminded her of Tolkien movies with them singing while traveling usually on foot or on horseback. I realized that singing like I used to while my mother was still alive is something I need to get back to. Even though my father and mother are gone, my wife and children and grandchildren are all relatively healthy and alive and I need to rejoice more in singing and in being alive. It lifts my spirits and this is a good thing to do. After all I'm now 75. If I can't enjoy life when I'm 75 when will I?

No comments: