Monday, March 11, 2024

Writing poems can be helpful in surviving your life(especially during the difficult times)

When I was going through a really awful divorce in 1994 and 1995 I wrote some things that I will share with you that helped me survive those times:

I Sing a song of youth truth and beauty
I sing a song of sadness and pain
I sing a song of forever beloved
I sing a song of sadness and pain
Why must our youth, truth and beauty
be overcome with old age and death
Why must we try so hard to remember
who we are and what we came here to do
So sing your song of youth truth and beauty
till you're overcome with old age and death
But don't forget each day to meet your maker
and give thanks for each day of life
For each night we sleep it is like dying
and each day we wake we are reborn
  Copyright 1999
 

" Three Rock poems"

Rocks
speak to me
tell me of strange things
They say time is-does not pass

Love comes quickly
seeps into painful cracks
In soul caresses

ROCK PEOPLE
"We are your bones
The water your blood
Your breath the sky.

 
 

"Miscellaneous ideas"

Honey Bear talks to me
The tea warms my soul
All is well

When we are quiet
Your presence
Heals my soul

Innocense and wisdom live together

The seeds of being found are in being lost

There is more to life than survival
If you cannot be man enough to trust yourself
You cannot really live at all!

The above ones were all written in the late 1990s.

The next group I wrote today:

Global Warming

Is not what people think

It's small changes 

in unexpected places

Never ending

--------------------------

Survival

Starts with 

Your mind

And 

Your Will

________________

Kindness

Helps

You 

First

______________

Living 

to old Age

Is 

the 

Bravest thing

That you can do

_________________

Writing Lyrics

can be

Very healing

________________

_
"Imagination is more important than knowledge!"- Einstein

_________________


Here are some more poems and poetic thoughts I wrote in the late 1990s to survive those times:

WISDOM
wisdom come during fasting and sickness
Listen when you least expect it
wisdom so precious
it comes but once

LIFE
intolerable at times
a drudge at others
we live
for moments of oneness
with the Creator
our one True Lover

Hope
Springs eternal
If we die daily

Peace
The key to peace is kindness

Prosperity
Prosperity comes from giving
Peace and kindness to others

Prosperous soul
Prosperous mind
Prosperous body

DESIRE
Be very careful
what you desire
You may get it

Travel
is like a drug
everything is new
and strange
and so are you

Happiness
Happiness is fleeting
contentment is forever

Modesty
modesty has its place
it helps one to survive
hard times

JOKES
To laugh at ones own mistakes
is the mark of a great soul
to betlittle and laugh at another
is the mark of an idiot

Bravery
to stay alive to old age
is the bravest thing
that one can do

Listening
Listen my child
to your elders
if
you would be
wise
when you grow up

Survival
years ago I thought
survival
was burying food in a
50 gallon drum
Now I know
survival is fasting praying
kindness and mercy

Aloneness
Being an only child
aloneness was hard
too many vacations-no kids
Now I am a man
Aloneness is still hard
But now I am a new family

Sadness
Sadness is being human
Joy is being alive
Happiness is knowing God

Heartache
If you can live through it
it brings wisdom and kindness
If not,
it brings death

Quiet
In the quiet
I can hear myself think
I can know myself, my world, my nature
My sadness is how few experience the Quiet
For Quiet is Healing!

Wilderness
Wilderness is my church
The church of all creatures
Why is the church of all creatures
disappearing?
Without their church
all creatures will die!

Ocean
The Ocean of kindness
of all Beings
Gives hope
to all who struggle

 

No comments: