Sunday, August 9, 2026

Difficult experiences flying:

 These are ALL over the Pacific Ocean which can have really huge storms and up and down drafts by the way. So, like if you fly to Hawaii just keep your seatbelt fastened lightly if you are flying say to Hawaii or anywhere in Asia over the Pacific Ocean. Please remember this so they don't have to scrape you off the ceiling like a bug one day.

I have seen a stewardess hit the ceiling but people somewhat caught her when she fell but she didn't go unconscious but I think she got injured because she wasn't serving meals or drinks after that experience. This is why you want to always keep you seat belt lightly fastened unless you are heading for the bathroom or back. Also, from my point of view if it gets rough in the bathroom (bad enough) you might want to stay in the Bathroom and sit down and hold the hand holds so you don't go unconscious hitting your head against the ceiling.

Also, flying back from Seoul, South Korea after visiting my son and his wife when they lived there when he was teaching English there and I went to visit my just born Grandson it threw my silverware up in the air and spilled my soup all over the tray and napkins and the silverware landed down inside of the mechanism because I was in Business class where the chair turns into a sort of bed then. But, it shook and shook for about 9 hours straight and the mostly businessmen in that section sort of had to be like soldiers gritting their teeth for seemingly never ending turbulence. I started to get up  after 4 or 5 hours of not being allowed to go to the bathroom and a stewardess kindly told me to sit down. I told her that unless she wanted me to pee my seat I was going to the bathroom so she let me. 

Another time we were landing at Lihue, Kaui, Hawaii Airport and as we were landing the plane was traveling sideways just before our wheels touched down. Luckily, the pilot must have been an amazing pedal Jockey because when our wheels hit we were going straight instead of sideways but this all happened within 10 vertical feet of touchdown of wheels.

Another time we were flying from Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii to Kahului, Maui, Hawaii and when we came in for a landing since I have also been trained as a pilot I knew if the pilot continued we were going to crash. But, luckily the pilot lifted off just before we crashed and went around the island and tried again. I and the other 3 of us were pretty flustered by almost crashing the first time to the point where I thought we were landing on the other side of the island nearer to Napili and I was asking people if we were there and people had to tell me I wasn't where I thought we were. So, we all were pretty shaken up by this especially me because I have also been trained as a pilot too while I was looking out the window and saw we almost crashed then

These are some of the many strange stories that you might experience if you fly enough. But, it can be the worst I find flying over the Pacific Ocean likely because there are 6000 miles of ocean between California and Asia and storms can really affect you flying even if you are 30,000 or 40,000 feet in altitude.

However, all this will get much worse with time because of Global Warming and the warming of the oceans to the degree that they are every day now. 

No comments: