- Noon and midnight are instances where logically the am and pm do not abide by what they mean, i.e. ante meridiem and post meridiem. So, as ...
- The 12-hour clock is a time convention in which the 24 hours of ..... says, "write noon or midnight, not 12 noon or 12 midnight." Phrases such as "12 a.m." and "12 p.m." are not mentioned at all.
- To avoid confusion, the correct way to express 12 o'clock is 12 noon or 12 ... am stands for ante-meridiem (before the Sun has crossed the line) and pm for ...
- My boss says 12am is midnight and I think it is noon. Who's right? I hope it is me... A psychological victory, you know.Yes you can say noon or midnight like most people do but when I wanted to set an alarm for noon on my Iphone I had to know whether it was 12 am or 12 pm to set this alarm.My smartphone internet said noon is 12 pm so I could set an alarm for 12 pm.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.
Sunday, June 4, 2017
Is noon 12 Am or 12 PM?
You know how it is when you forget the spelling of a word so it doesn't seem like the right spelling but then you find it is. I had one of those mornings after accidentally taking too much lisinopril last night and had to look it up. I wanted to set a noon alarm for changing my medicine schedule today and couldn't remember whether noon was 12 AM or 12 PM here it is: