Sunday, June 4, 2017

Is noon 12 Am or 12 PM?

You know how it is when you forget the spelling of a word so it doesn't seem like the right spelling but then you find it is. I had one of those mornings after accidentally taking too much lisinopril last night and had to look it up. I wanted to set a noon alarm for changing my medicine schedule today and couldn't remember whether noon was 12 AM or 12 PM here it is:

  1. Is noon 12 am or 12 pm? - Quora

    www.quora.com/Is-noon-12-am-or-12-pm
    Noon and midnight are instances where logically the am and pm do not abide by what they mean, i.e. ante meridiem and post meridiem. So, as ...
  2. 12-hour clock - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock
    The 12-hour clock is a time convention in which the 24 hours of ..... says, "write noon or midnight, not 12 noon or 12 midnight." Phrases such as "12 a.m." and "12 p.m." are not mentioned at all.
  3. Is noon 12 am or 12 pm? | Explore Royal Museums Greenwich

    www.rmg.co.uk/discover/explore/noon-12-am-or-12-pm
    To avoid confusion, the correct way to express 12 o'clock is 12 noon or 12 ... am stands for ante-meridiem (before the Sun has crossed the line) and pm for ...
  4. Midnight, noon 12am, 12pm? | WordReference Forums

    forum.wordreference.com/threads/midnight-noon-12am-1...
    My boss says 12am is midnight and I think it is noon. Who's right? I hope it is me... A psychological victory, you know. 

    Yes you can say noon or midnight like most people do but when I wanted to set an alarm for noon on my Iphone I had to know whether it was 12 am or 12 pm to set this alarm.

    My smartphone internet said noon is 12 pm so I could set an alarm for 12 pm.

No comments: