So, it isn't just corvalis, Oregon south into California anymore or just in Washington State. In fact, on Interstate 5 from Canada to Mexico I'm not sure there is any place but Portland right now that doesn't have smoke in the air. Even the SF Bay area has a Fire in Gilroy that appears to be Getting Bigger now. And it is possible smoke is still coming from one or more fires in the Sierras.
So, like I said the only place for sure that doesn't have smoke yet is Portland, Oregon on the west coast that I know of presently.
Later:
Whoops!
text from my daughter in Portland,Oregon just now:
my car was covered in ash too. we are ok.
Multinoma falls is burned. Perhaps the lodge there too.
The Gorge is on fire. The air is terrible but there is nothing we can do
But keep windows shut and not go outside. It will pass.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- A Tragic Loss | Tesla Motors
- It looks like I wrote this in 2002 which is the year after 9-11
- Transhumanism from Wikipedia
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Ray Kurzweil created the idea of the Singularity in regard to Artificial intelligence. He believes it will come by 2050
- How to Survive a Potential Recession
- This is what the code looks like displayed on a page
- doctor visits due to flu reach highest level in 30 years
- 'First to sue': Opposing Trump's desire to end birthright citizenship is personal for this AG
- Climate change, new construction mean more ruinous fires
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment