Friday, June 15, 2018

I think "Finding yourself" and "Creating yourself" are actually the same thing

Why?

Because your parents tend to raise you to fit in the world they grew up in. However, by the time you were born that world was gone and replaced with something else. So, unless you re-invent yourself for your own era your life is likely going to be counterproductive and basically meaningless because you don't live 20 or 30 years ago when they were young.

I experienced this myself from 1969 until 1973. I found myself obsolete when I tried to be who my parents wanted me to be and almost ended my life until I realized I had to parent myself and to redesign myself for the world in the 1970s and beyond because my parents world was from the 1930s and 1940s. So, unless I redesigned myself for the 1970s and 1980s at least my life would be ridiculous like many children who do what their parents want them to do.

But, having made the right choice I wasn't happy in my early 20s but was very happy by the 1980s in my 30s because I had redesigned myself which was perfect for the 1980s by the time we got there.

We all need to re-parent ourselves or we will never fit into the world as it actually is.

But, it's not about fitting really it's about re-creating the world to be what we want it to be in a way.

And each generation (if they are to actually survive psychologically, physically and spiritually) has to do this to live to old age with enough satisfaction to feel they have accomplished their purpose in life whatever that might be.

By reading Autobiography of a Yogi I found out about becoming a Householder Yogi which I didn't even know was a thing before reading this book by Yogananda in the 1950s and 1960s. But, having realized that I could have being a Dad and raising children as a spiritual discipline that would take me to enlightenment this is what I did and it worked. IT Still works today actually.

By God's Grace

No comments: