Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Can a Christian Believe in Reincarnation?

The easy answer is: Of Course! However, if you are a Christian fundamentalist your answer likely would be:No.

However, the basis of my Christianity is this: The spirit of the Law gives life and the letter of the law only Kills Life!

In this sense I am a Christian Mystic which is on a completely different planet than Christian Fundamentalism. For me, my view of a Christian Fundamentalist or for that matter any religious fundamentalist on the planet is that: That kind of dualism only results in the long run in insanity and death of individuals, families, churches and groups. The other thing that I have observed is that fundamentalism of all kinds primary cause is abuse of one kind or another. I have found fundamentalism only exists where there is incest, child abuse, spousal abuse and all the other kinds of abuse swept under the carpet so to speak. Fundamentalism ONLY exists when there are many secrets and lies. It does not thrive anywhere otherwise.

So, can a Christian believe in Reincarnation? That is totally up to you whether this is true or not.

I see all life through both mystical and scientific eyes. As I have grown older I have added shamanic eyes because tribal shamans were the original basis of all science, philosophy and medicine. Even though shamans are frowned upon by the more formal and sophisticated world, it could not even exist at all without them coming first. That is something to think about too.

No comments: