Saturday, December 6, 2008

Kindness key to both happiness and Enlightenment

At Canada.com there is an article called "The world really does smile with you" published Friday December 5th 2008

begin quote, "Researchers noted that given a choice of a $5000 raise and a friend becoming happy, the second is much more likely to lift your mood.

If this is true how much more true if all living things in the universe suddenly became more happy and alive and aware? This is my premise and the premise of wise men and wise women for thousands of years. Even if you aren't happy right now making other people happy will make you happier.

Let you tell me a story about myself 15 years ago. I have always been an extremely intuitive fellow. This can be a very good thing but it can be difficult as well. There are two sides to every coin.

15 years ago I was going through an extremely bad divorce and child custody battle. I did not see how I would emotionally or physically survive this awful end to a 15 year marriage.

I met someone new and realized as I met them that I could make them happy intuitively. I did not know if I would ever be happy again. However, I knew I could make this woman happy the rest of her life if I so chose. And I also knew that making her happy might eventually make me happy too. So that is what I did I married her and made her happy and I am still doing that. And you know what? I eventually became happy again too. It took several years for me to come out the other side of my divorce and a couple of years after that the doctors thought I would die for about a year. But the last 10 years of my marriage have been the happiest and most contented of my life since I was forced to retire after almost dying. I am amazed because I expected to work until I died like a whole lot of people. Nope. God had other plans for me. Amazing! There were about 5 really difficult years and then 10 good ones so far. My health is now good and I might even live to 100 since I started taking thyroid medicine after I found that was one of the sources of my health problems. Kindness to oneself and to others is the key to everyone's happiness in the long run!

No comments: