Saturday, December 13, 2008

Joel Osteen

Every so often a Christian Minister transcends the pack. I think I'm beginning to see this what I like to call "Billy Graham" quality to this particular minister. He is obviously into seeing the positive in everyone and everything and is just what people seem to need right now to survive the present set of hard times.

Yes. I know some of you who are not Christian and others of you who don't even believe in God might be offended by any Christian minister. However, for most people having someone to listen to who speaks of positivity and hope and who is disciplined enough to maintain that message of hope no matter what is a rare gift to mankind in such times as these.

For America and even Europe, most of us have never seen times like these in our lifetimes. I'm 60 years old and the closest I've seen to this was the 1970s and the Arab oil embargo with people fighting each other with tire irons for gas at the pumps nationwide and waiting 4 to 6 hours for 5 gallons of gas. That was how it was. However, even in those times we didn't have banks failing and not giving credit or loans to anyone like they are doing now.

It's almost as if the banks of the world have turned against the people. I just don't think they should be allowed to do that. After all, it is our money that they hold, not theirs.

No comments: