Thursday, December 11, 2008

coming to an end at christmas

My god daughter had been in her room(she lives with us at present) and is presently 23 and very beautiful. she finally came out after spending most of the day to herself and ready to go out for a date with her boyfriend and spoke with my wife and I. she had been counseling on the phone one of her best girlfriends whose recent boyfriend had committed suicide at his relatives house last night. Our god daughter's girlfriend was distraught because she had seen him recently and hadn't been very nice to him because he obviously had "issues". she had broken up with him in the last month or so.

Our god daughter had been fairly level headed about the whole thing even though since it was one of her best friends going through this she was shaken in a way I seldom have seen her. I said to her, "It is probably one of the best things that ever happened to her." what I meant by that was that she likely needed this reality check. It is very sad whenever someone kills themselves. but in the end life is for those who are still alive. so the lessons in the end are for those of us left here and now. what I meant was since this was the first friend that her friend had ever known that had killed themselves, it was probably important that she went through this. because after all, this happens all the time and likely will go on happening and in the end we all have to learn to deal with it because looking at the world right now likely suicides (the number of them) likely will get much worse before it gets better. the present outcome is a lot like being in a war. It is what happens when there isn't enough money to support people's dreams of staying alive. during times like this a lot of people we love are going to leave. It sounds coarse to speak this way but in the end it is very pragmatic considering the next few years on earth we are presently looking at.

Believing in god and having a personal relationship with god is one sure way to help you avoid suicide in most cases. For me, when I have felt suicidal it has always been the strongest at night just before sleep. so whenever I have felt this need to permanently leave earth I just say to god, "If it is your will,God, then take my life." Then I can let go and either go to sleep or vent and go to sleep.

I don't believe in mood altering drugs like prosac or zoloft because they will either keep you alive or kill you. there really isn't anywhere in between. I prefer to have "all my feelings" so I can experience God. Otherwise how can God be there for me?

However, this is just me and everyone is entitled to their own opinion on all this.

HOwever, this is how I have found to stay alive and wake up a new person in God's hands the next day after giving myself over to God if I feel I want to die. this is what works for me. If it works for you then maybe you should try it too. If not then god bless you either way!

No comments: