Sunday, December 14, 2008

Twilight: 150 million in 4 weeks

I saw the movie with my wife and daughter and Goddaughter. At the time I really actually enjoyed it. But later, I sort of felt creeped out by it, sort of the way you would if they made a blood sucker variety of fish the hero of a movie because it sucked the poison out of someone and saved their life. On the one hand you are happy the person lived but on the other you might find yourself sort of disturbed about the whole thing. Good vampires is sort of a paradox unless it is a comedy which in this case it isn't. So I felt a little strange not while I watched it but in my night time dreams afterwords.

Now, my wife has read all 4 books of the twilight series, my goddaughter has done the same and even my 12 year old is into the second book already. Since I live with three women that have all read or are reading this series I might have to read it myself just to stay in sync with the group, so to speak. My 12 year old was telling me in the hot tub (spa) today while we sat outside in the rain that I needed to read the Twilight series of books. I said, "Well. I don't read books too much because since I started to wear glasses 10 years ago if I read a book over about an hour it gives me a headache from wearing glasses! She said, "Dad. You need to read it!" So, just to stay "With it" maybe I'll have to read the series too.

Normally, I like to listen to books while I'm driving. I was into listening to the Brisingr book(The third in the Eragon series) with them when they all of a sudden started all reading Twilight which sort of left me hanging. So I guess I'll be listening to Brisingr for now alone, while my 12 year old finishes the Twilight series and I start reading the first twilight book.

No comments: