To understand what just happened to Vice President Biden in Israel one must understand the relationship between Israel and the U.S. since 1948 and before that during the concentration camps during World War II when they were found out filled with dying and dead jewish people.
Only by studying this history does this slight make any sense. This is the first real time that the interests of the U.S and the interests of Israel have diverged in such a profound way.
If you don't know about this, Israel begged the support of the U.S. to go into Iran and blow up all nuclear facilities there. The U.S. had said "No!" each time they have asked starting in the Bush administration and continuing into the Obama administration. The reason for this is that we don't want our troops dying in a new war in Iraq and Afghanistan by Iranian hysterical revenge seekers if the Israelis take out all nuclear facilities in Iran.
The problem with all this is that Israel feels its survival is completely dependent upon ending all Irans nuclear abilities and continuing to do this ongoing indefinitely. This clear divergence in how this problem should be solved is tearing the long term alliance between the U.S. and Israel apart slowly. It is an awful thing to watch but each country must act in the end in its own best survival interests.
It appears that Israels best survival instincts are to attack Iran and get Irans nuclear ambitions destroyed once and for all. Many Sunni Islamic nations likely secretly agree with the Israelis about this as well and might even help fund(secretly) such and attack.
There might even be a tacit secret agreement between the U.S. and Israel to pretend to fight so if Israel attacks Iran it will be known by all that the U.S. doesn't support this attack. However, I think most European nations, the U.S., Canada, Mexico, South America might complain but really wouldn't be too unhappy if Israel takes out Irans nuclear ambitions either temporarily or permanently.
In this way the U.S. and all the other nations that don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons would be well served and the only two nations actually fighting would be Iran and Israel until one of them won. Israel knows its continued existence depends upon this so expect Israel to attack Iran within the next two years. It is not if but when.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- Elohar when she was 9 which would be around 7000 AD on the first timeline: (We are now on Timeline 2)
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- GM president: Electric cars won't go mainstream until we fix these problems
- Oghuzes, Pechenegs, Bashkirs, and Khazars: Wikipedia
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265