Health care companies pull stock market higher
Click above article to read Yahoo Finance article.
I was listening to Michael Moore on the Larry King Live Show on CNN. He was saying the Health care companies are ecstatic over having 32 million new customers. Also he said that since the fine is only 100 dollars per day per customer for refusing service that most insurance companies will choose to give the 100 dollars a day to the government in fines rather than to give insurance when they might have to pay 1000 to 10,000 dollars a day to treat something serious. After all, a years fine per insurance customer might be 36, 500 dollars for one years penalties and one big operation could eat that up in one day.
For example, in 1984 my father had an operation in Palm Springs that cost 50,000 dollars and that's over 25 years ago. Imagine what that operation would cost today?
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling