In my living room in my large built in book shelf that takes up one wall there are two buddhas. One is the normal style you see but a second "Copper Buddha" sits with the ashes of our three dogs who have passed away in little wooden boxes on the same shelf as the "Copper Buddha" in the Style of a Thailand Buddha. I was sitting in the kitchen after coming close to death this week myself and saw 3 of our dogs (one who died within two months ago) and tears starting going down my cheeks as I experienced God giving me a powerful powerful meditation of impermanence in my own life. As the tears came down my cheeks I felt myself becoming a better person and thinking what I could do to make a difference before I died (whether that is tomorrow or 1000 years from now or 10,000 years from now.
So, experiencing impermanence can make you a better person.
In India Gurus would often make their students watch a human body decompose for several months on the streets to teach them impermanence on the way to becoming a true master.
However, here in in the U.S. I think most Americans in present day would just go insane from sitting next to a corpse for 2 or 3 months while it decomposed there and was eaten by worms, flies, vultures etc.
So, I'm not recommending this for someone from Europe or the U.S. or any western Culture because death is so hidden from us in our cultures that insanity likely would be the only logical result because of our conditioning.
But, for me, today, seeing the little wooden boxes of the cremated remains of our 3 pets that have died since about 2005, 2015 and a couple of months ago was enough to bring me to tears because of my own near death experience this last week.
And this is a good thing and will inevitably make me a much better person ongoing.
By God's Grace
Buddha Bless you
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling
- Some allegations have been corroborated, while others remain unverified regarding the Steele File