Monday, May 14, 2018

When Barry Met Sally? Ha Ha

a very intelligent friend of mine I was describing to her the plot to Barry (HBO) and how I was intrigued with this show on many different levels.

She finally turned to me with a Mischievous smile and said, "It sounds like "When Barry Met Sally!"

which I likely would have never thought of but in a crazy way that's the plot at one level.

But, what actually intrigues me is the many levels of this plot line.

For example, What is Barry?

Is he a sociopath?

Is he a  soldier a marine with PTSD who needs therapy?

Is he a consummate survivor like many people are no matter what?

Is he in love with Sally and will they stay together and raise a family?

What is Barry?

And for that matter "What is Sally?" but a potentially very successful actress?

And where does that leave them?

And where does that leave the audience watching all this worldwide now?

No comments: