Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Saint Catherine Laboure

140 Rue Du Bac, Paris, France. This is the address to the Chapel where Saint Catherine Laboure had her vision of Mary the mother of Jesus and where St. Catherine's Miraculous medal first began. She was a nun of the order of the Daughters of Charity, founded originally by Saint Vincent De Paul and Saint Louise de Merrilac in a previous Century.

In 1830 when St. Catherine was a young woman, she had several visions of Mary, the Mother of Jesus and she asked St. Catherine to strike this medal and that all who believed in in would be given unlimited Graces. When the Medal was first struck in 1832, near to this time a Cholera epidemic began in the area. People noticed that the ones who wore this medal didn't die and so many people lived and came to God and their lives changed for the better. As word of this spread soon a million and a half medals had been struck. When St. Catherine died in 1876 it was noticed when her body was exhumed it had not deteriorated like a normal body. So now even though her body is now been passed on for about 140 years her body still hasn't deteriorated and is kept in a wax mask and wax hands in a glass case in the Chapel at the above address.

When my wife and I decided to marry 15 years ago we decided to wear these medals made of gold with gold chains around our necks and have done so ever since. I have been aware of the stabilizing effects of this medal all these years and always attributed it to Mary's medal struck by St. Catherine. Since Mary, the mother of Jesus has also appeared to me in visions and made promises to me as long as I did what she asked I know firsthand that what happened to St. Catherine was genuine. And when I was in Paris last week and went into the Chapel I was amazed at the clarity of spiritual experiences and angels there. Though I have always been an intuitive since I was born there have been very few times like when I almost died that angels have spoken actual words to me. When I entered the Chapel not only did angels speak to me, it was like a conversation that I might have with a friend or dear relative and I was completely amazed at the experience. The emptiness I felt at my mother's passing since September 2008 was filled by Mary and her Angels present in this Chapel. Amazing. If you ever get a chance to go to this place in Paris and are moved in Spirit to go there, let it happen.

No comments: