Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Miraculous Medal

To make full sense of all this I should start with 1994 when I was entering the difficult path of divorce after 15 years of marriage. I was both horrified and frightened to be going through this in my mid 40s which seemed to me to be an impossible task to survive, especially because there were 4 children ages 5, 20, 21,and 23 years old. The older three I wasn't as worried about even though I knew this divorce might affect when and whether any of them ever married or not. I was very upset on multiple levels. One night I granted my 5 year old daughter's wish and we slept up in her treehouse 25 feet off the ground on the 7 acre ranch we rented then. During the night, Mary the mother of Jesus woke me up and said, "Everything will turn out all right. You must be very disciplined to make it through but everything will turn out all right. You must not give in to your anger about it all. All will be well."

So I girded my loins for the incredible self discipline I knew I would need like a soldier. Though I believed what Mary told me I also knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park. At one point I became so despondent that I went to the Ventana Wilderness near Big Sur, California and decided to water fast until I died. As I prayed in my tent on the fourth day of my water fast I had a vision and realized that it didn't matter what happened to me, I had to protect my 5 year old daughter. So, I packed up my tent and went to speak to a lawyer and began divorce proceedings against my wife in order to protect my daughter. This began the worst ordeal of my life which included a Chapter 13 bankruptcy as well as about 70 thousand dollars in legal fees over the next few years. The end result was that I didn't get full custody of my daughter but after not seeing my daughter for 2 years because my wife ran away to the east coast with her I finally got joint legal custody even though my now ex-wife got primary physical custody. So this meant I could actually see my daughter about 10 weeks a year.

My daughter is now 20 years old and grown up and living with her boyfriend who is 24. She has traveled to Norway for a month and Belize and Guatemala for 2 months and has completed one year of college. She also went with my new wife and I and her half sister who is 13 to Paris and Nice the last couple of weeks.

About 1 year and a half after I had this experience with Mary, the mother of Jesus I was married again and had a new daughter in 1996. My new wife and I decided to wear each a gold St. Catherine's gold miraculous medal. Also, my new wife has friends who are nuns in the Daughters of Charity, a Catholic order founded originally by Saint Vincent De Paul and Saint Louise. At one point hundreds of the nuns of this order were praying for us. I experienced at this point in my life a stabilization of my life that I had never experienced before and wealth both spiritual and material began to build and build in my life and what Mary and Saint Germain had both told me would happen since I was young began to happen in my life. And even when I was told I was going to die by my doctors in 1998, the angels came to me and told me that I wasn't going to die and that my life would get better. So 7 months later, though 2 older family members were gone I was completely well and my life did get better just like Mary, and the angels said it would. And part of the blessing of my life came from my choice and my new wife's choice to wear the Miraculous Medal of Saint Catherine Laboure of France.

We visited the chapel in Paris last week where Saint Catherine's body lies visibly in a glass case near the altar and I had very amazing experiences with the Angels there. They spoke to me clearly and told me what my mission on earth was and tears came to my eyes at the clarity of what my purpose is here on earth. So if this article touches your soul be strong and kind and fearless and Never give up no matter what! By the Grace of God.

By the way, to show how amazing all this is, we found that the hotel we booked in Paris,after we had been there almost a week, The Hotel De Suede on Rue Vaneau was only a few blocks from the Chapel where Saint Catherine's non-decomposing body lies in a glass case for the all to see. Though she passed away in 1870 her body has not decomposed like non-sainted bodies. Instead it lies encased in a wax mask in a see through glass case on the beautiful altar in the beautiful Chapel there in Paris.

So, it is obvious that Mary, the Mother of Jesus and St. Catherine Laboure put us in that hotel through our travel agent so we would be near to her there in Paris. So you can see how God works his miracles!

No comments: