Friday, October 23, 2009

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant

My wife and I and a friend caught a matinee of Cirque du Freak today. It reminds me of 3/4 Harry Potter and 1/4 Twilight. It is actually very entertaining but not as good as Harry Potter or Twilight. However, I really liked the special effects. I found it to be a very enjoyable movie. But I would say it is generally for the over 10 crowd because it is PG-13. Not because of any nudity but of just strangeness and violence. In other words people die violently in this movie but in a sort of Harry Potter kind of way. In other words Twilight I found to be much more violent and disturbing in an adult way than Cirque Du Freak. Cirque Du Freak is sort of the all around interesting feel good kind of scary Halloween movie. Even kids who are used to more adult themes as young as 5 if they were properly prepared might be able to handle this movie. However, I would recommend seeing the movie first to see if it is a good fit before letting someone under 10 watch it. But if your kid is five and can handle any Harry Potter Movie they likely could handle this one too. However, it is a new genre and because of this very strange.

No comments: