Saturday, October 17, 2009

What's Your Secret?

Someone today asked me "What's your secret?"

I said, "If I have a secret it is when I'm really depressed about something bad happening in my life when I am going to sleep at night first I let my tears flow and I begin to talk to God and I say out loud or quietly, "God, I can't deal with this. Take this from me. If it is your will let me die tonight but I will live on if it is your wish."

I usually wake up like I'm reborn like a new born baby in the morning and my cares have been lifted off. If it is a physical problem affecting me or my wife or my children or my friends, still I feel reborn and am given the energy and clarity to deal with whatever the problem is much more effectively.

Also, my father sat me down as a boy and teenager several times and said to me, "Decisions need to be made all the time in your life. Don't get too worried about all the decisions you will have to make. Just try to be as informed as you can before making decisions and also most decisions in your life you can change or modify as time goes on. So make your decisions on the fly with the best information you can get.
But just keep moving and just keep making those decisions. Being decisive is what it is to be a man." That's what my father told me in the 1950s and early 1960s.

And I noticed most men who were trained to make decisions and to be decisive like I was were always in demand. Because as I was growing up in the 1950s most women and many men really didn't like making decisions. However, I learned to just take them in stride and not to worry so much about all the decisions in life. Just learning to make efficient decisions all the time is one of the secrets of life now for everyone. So everyone now needs to not freak out so much and just make those decisions and move forward.

No comments: