Monday, October 12, 2009

Rue Saint Germain in Paris

For those of you not from France or Paris you might assume that Rue Saint Germain is named after the Comte De Saint Germain rightly called "The man who never died" by philosophers like Voltaire of France and many others of 18th Century educated and aristocracy of France, England, Germany and others. However, you would not be correct as
"Saint Germain" is a name often used in Europe to denote several different people. The reason for this is that Saint Germain literally means Holy Brother. In Latin it is Sanctus Germanus. This also reminds me of the term Geshe in the Tibetan Religious culture most specifically from the Gelukpa lineage of the Dalai Lama. Geshe means literally "Spiritual Friend". Also, the word Saint Germain, Sanctus Germanus could be interpreted this way as well as "Spiritual Friend".Saint Germain "The man who never died" has been both teacher and friend to me from babyhood on and then when I was in my 30s I met Geshe Lobsang Gyatso, a Gelukpa Geshe in Santa Cruz California. Geshela(Geshe Lobsang Gyatso) also became a spiritual friend and taught me amazing things and gave me insights into the esoteric world of Tibetan Buddhists and Tibetan Lamas.

Since most of you are not presently on the path to Adeptship consciously at least, let me explain what the last 1000 years has been for me in several different bodies that I have been incarnated into. Though at this point in my sojourn as a soul I am not sure what the element of time really means to a soul(what I mean is that although I remember thousands to millions of incarnations I'm still not clear whether these incarnations are simultaneous, sequential or random in nature for I have come to the realization even though it is an uncomfortable one for me that neither time nor space are either constant or even necessarily real in an ultimate sense. So, it could be said that on the path to Adeptship every question answered leads to one thousand more questions. So in order to become a real adept one must of necessity be a compassionate scientist always learning and constantly integrating what one learns into an ever evolving cosmology both spiritual and scientific.

So, though in the back of my mind, I saw myself going to Paris to find out more about Saint Germain, I actually found out more about myself and my past lives lived in through and around Paris, and all of Europe during the last several thousand years. And what I learned did not reassure me but instead made me feel confused. And out of this confusion I find that the best of what I have already been is alive in me now in my present lifetime in the United States from lifetimes I remember in both Europe and Asia and the Americas. It is as if I distilled all the best realizations and lessons of all my lives and put them all into one amazing life that I am presently living having been born in Seattle, Washington and then since age 4 grew up mainly in California with my senior year in HIgh School being in a private school in Santa Fe, New Mexico in the United States. And so most of my life has been lived throughout California and I have lived a few years in Hawaii. But what I find amazing are the many struggles in previous lifetimes in Europe and Asia. I sense the most internal suffering for me were my lifetimes in Europe between 1000 and 1800 AD. So I'm very grateful to have been born in the United States in 1948 and to have had all the education and opportunities of this lifetime so I could share here with you some of the wisdom I have garnered down through the centuries to make your lives better and to further reduce your future suffering as a soul traveling time and space as you move towards blissful reunions and finally a permanent reunion with your creator.

No comments: