Monday, May 16, 2016

Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?

SPOILER ALERT! if you haven't seen Sunday's Game of Thrones yet don't read this!

Also, if you don't want to see a picture of a nude female body don't read this article either:

begin quote from:

Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?

Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?

​🔥​🔥​🔥​🔥

So many good moments happened during Game of Thrones on Sunday, it was hard to believe this is the same show that brought fans the Red Wedding, the head crush,  countless rapes, and other brutalities. But this week, Sansa and Jon Snow finally reunited after five years, a broken Theon Greyjoy is back with his sister Yara, and, most importantly, Daenerys torched all the khals and once again has an entire Dothraki horde kneeling to her.
Related Article
In the final scene of the episode, Daenerys emerged unharmed once again from the flame, as she did in the first season when she was burned alive with her dragon eggs. As actor Emilia Clarke told Entertainment Weekly about the scene:
"It's so exciting, very tingly-making. Every season I get at least one spine-chilling moment. I just stand up and I go, 'I'm hearing what you're all saying, but funny thing, I'm going to kill you all. I forgot that I have an ace in my back pocket and now I win.'"
During the scene, Daenerys walks from the torched building with her clothes burned off. And she assures Entertainment Weekly that although her portion of the scene was filmed on a closed set, she did not use any special effects or a body double.
"I'd like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3. That was awhile ago. It's now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I'm just feeling genuinely happy I said 'Yes.' That ain't no body double!"
Damn right. Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons is back!
game of thrones cersei nude walk
Related Article
At the end of Season Five, Lena Headey used a body double during Cersei's infamous walk of shame. That scene initially caused a stir, as the Catholic Church of St. Nicholas in Dubrovnik, Croatia (where King's Landing is filmed) said it was immoral to walk the grounds nude. They only allowed the scene to be shot if Headey was filmed using a stand in.

No comments: