The first time I went to Disneyland was when I was around 7 years old in 1955. Then I used to go many years for my birthday as a birthday present because it was only about 1 hours drive from where I grew up (if there was no traffic). So, this was what I loved to do and to take one friend and get a passport (which then was a red ribbon clipped on your wrist to show you had paid for an unlimited use of the whole park in all lands. So, my friend and I would often head for Tom Sawyer's Island and go pretty wild there which was great fun for two 9 or 10 year olds all by themselves. Then later I would meet my parents at a specific location and time. And yes this was a safe thing to do in the 1950s specifically between 1950 and 1960. Things didn't get scary that much until about 1965 and even I as a young adult picked up hitch hikers in my car or truck often until I got married and had a baby and considered this to be a bad idea after that. But this went on until 1973 when my wife first got pregnant.
I think going to Disneyland was a part of the creative experimental potential of California thinking which created eventually things like the Internet in regard to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak and all that too. California was so experimental and creative in the way we still think to this day that it is not like anywhere else on earth still (even though California and Oregon and Washington think more alike now in an "Ecotopia" sense too. So, there is a similarity of sorts between the thinking of San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle that you will find if you speak with people here on the west coast.
We all (along the coast) tend to be International thinkers and tend to not discriminate as much as other parts of the country against any specific nationality. I think it is because we are much more mobile and experimental than other parts of the country and world always. So, because of our mobility we tend to think that everyone deserves a chance at success so we allow others to succeed while we are succeeding too.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Glastonbury Abbey-Wikipedia
- Will Trump throw us into another Great Depression like the one Hoover put us into? (both Businessmen by the way)
- Killer Robots Are Coming And These People Are Trying To Stop Them
- Trump's stance on Sanctuary Cities only make MS 13 Gang stronger
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Why don't we hear more about what Geomagnetic Storms (often from the sun) do to technology on earth?
- If you have HBO with your cable package you also have potential access to HBO Go