I was listening today to constitutional lawyers talk about this on TV. They were saying that getting a Bill of Impeachment against the president has a relatively low threshold regarding obstruction of justice. However, in a court of criminal law the bar is set very high.
So, it is much easier to impeach a president than to put one in jail. But, you really wouldn't want to put any president in jail because that would harm the office for all future presidents anyway. So, just expect the next Republican president (Pence or Ryan) to pardon Trump and if Pence is implicated first Pence will pardon Trump and then Ryan will pardon Pence.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- It's raining as far south as Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo so far
- Westworld (TV series): Wikipedia
- Wetsuit - Wikipedia
- Magnitude 7.2 earthquake slams south and central Mexico
- How these 23 entrepreneurs became the lesser known co-founders of the biggest tech companies in the world
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- They Are Watching You—and Everything Else on the Planet - National Geographic
- Stormy Daniels sues Trump over alleged affair and 'hush' agreement