Friday, October 16, 2009

A Life of Miracles

You might have your own way of looking at it all. However, for me, I'm left with only a few choices. Either my life was a complete anomaly, in otherwords a fluke of nature or I have been very lucky to have a life consisting of a succession of miracles.

I prefer to see myself as being very lucky and having lived and still living an ongoing procession of miracles every day.

It was a miracle that I didn't die of whooping cough in 1950
It was a miracle that I didn't die of childhood epilepsy from 1958 to 1963

It was a miracle that I didn't die of the 1960s

It was a miracle that I didn't die of rock climbing, motorcycles, flying, hang gliding, surfing or you name it.


It was a miracle that I didn't die of a broken heart at age 21

It was a miracle that I didn't die of a divorce at age 29 when I became a single parent of my son

It was a miracle that I didn't die of a divorce at age 46 when I divorced again and didn't get full custody of my then 5 year old daughter in 1995.

It was a miracle that I remarried in late 1995 and had another daughter.


It was a miracle that I didn't die of a heart virus in 1998


It was a miracle that I didn't die early from an undiagnosed thyroid condition that finally was diagnosed 3 years ago.

It is a miracle that I am alive and relatively healthy at age 61 and it is a miracle that I could go to France from the 1st to the 10th of October this year with my wife and two daughers ages 13 and 20.

My life has been a succession of miracles and my wife and I tell each other how grateful we are to God and each other every day for every moment of life together with our children and God here on earth.

No comments: