Saturday, March 20, 2010

on The California- Nevada Border

note: This was originally titled "Dragon, Eagle, Bear" but after writing "Dragoneagle Bear" story after this I felt it might be too confusing for readers so I changed the name on this one.


My life is always lived in being in the right place at the right time in both consciousness and in physical reality whenever possible, which is more and more these days luckily. So as we returned to the SF Bay Area from seeing Beatles Love Cirque Du Soleil and Jeff Dunham and visiting the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and watching the waiters and waitresses dance for us and talk to us and sit with us and entertain us with their ideas and listening to rock music videos and looking at all the outfits worn by famous artists like Elvis, Keith Moon,  and others, we finally came on home today. So, we left about noon and somewhere on one side or the other of the Nevada-California border there was a strange looking place on the west side of interstate 15 that just said, "Market". However, I had to take a leak so I stopped there. My wife said, "This place makes me nervous. I'm locking the car. But if you find corn nuts buy them for me. When I returned to the car she said two guys were taking a leak on the chain link fence. Strangely enough, in the other direction was a Vote for Ron Paul large sign. So I felt like I was in the middle of a militia kind of place or something like that. However, I also sort of agree somewhat philosophically with a Libertarian populist point of view as that was where people like Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and John Adams were coming from too. I guess that kind of thinking was revolutionary then and now in different ways. So I walked in and there were no corn nuts but there were pistachios grown locally and a small container of milk and coconut candy that I like. And next to the coconut candy I noticed a Buck Knife Clone. (I have a long history with Buck knives ever since I found one on Highway 89 next to where I eventually bought my 2 1/2 acres. I found it open on Hiway 89 around 1976 and kept it until 1985 when someone stole it out of my 1974 International Scout II 4 wheel drive.

So, wearing a  Buck knife "Hunter" on my  jeans belt in a leather case whenever I was living in the country I found very useful as you never know when you will need it as a tool in the country. (Buck's signature knife at 8.63 inches when  locked open and a 3.75 inch blade) When you live far enough out in the mountains or forest you need a tool for protection in emergencies (human or animal), for cutting duct tape, for all sorts of things in maintaining your vehicle. It can even be a small hammer for little nails. It can even pull out small nails or screws in a pinch. It is sort of endless what you can do with a Buck knife with a strong blade in the Country. Even when I visited India I noticed my Tibetan Lama friend carried a Buck knife  similar clone type of folding and locking blade knife for protection. There are just so many extreme religions and religious people in India( and for that matter everywhere on earth) that I think he felt he needed to carry it while traveling in the maroon red robes of a Tibetan Monk.

So anyway, I was paying for my pistachios, my coconut candy and milk and I noticed a really cool knife there. I knew it probably was made in China and was only $14.95 but it was stainless steel and had a dragon on one end of it and on probably white plastic in the center was a carving of a Bald Eagle in the setting of a lake and mountains. Since I like to collect Buck look alikes and Swiss Army knives these days I bought it. As I returned to the car my wife was surprised because I've already got such a collection. You see, when I was young even though I never lacked for a bicycle or a car after I was 16, there still were a lot of things I felt I couldn't afford to buy realistically. And one of them was a good knife. So God had to throw one down to me out on Hiway 89 for me to have my first really good knife.

So, as we traveled along it keyed in my mind once again my vision quest of 1983 in the Bear Wallow next to the North Fork of the Trinity River in Northern California. And I thought to myself-- Dragon, Eagle, Bear. Yes! All three were present in one way or another during my vision quest then. (My vision quest consisted of 4 days and nights with no water or food while praying. After two days without water or food and overseen by a Blackfoot Sioux Medicine man a few miles away I became the dragon in an extremely powerful vision). First, we were in a Bear wallow next to the river. Then a mated pair of Bald Eagles flew over which was a good sign and then I became a 50 foot tall Golden Dragon that breathed out the fire of enlightenment on thousands and thousands of people. But they didn't burn because it was the fire of enlightenment and they smiled as they got it and became enlightened. Just remember I write because I realized as time went on that I actually am in spirit that enlightening dragon breathing out upon everyone that reads what I write that sacred fire of enlightenment. Whether you believe it or not it happens. It's just the nature of things. I didn't invent all this. It just happens and I let God breathe out through me to you.

The other thing interesting is that I have a really interesting astrological configuration. It turns out that sharing spiritual experiences for me increases the blessing not only to me but to all of you as well. I am very fortunate to have that configuration. It is a blessing to all of us. So if I intuitively sense that I have a 51% or better chance of  usefully helping other people in any way and it is practical to do so I usually find  way to help them.

No comments: