Common sense is the most important quality of human survival. It could be said that "Common Sense" is a combination of all the things in the title combined in a way that allows humans to survive.
Let me give you an example, when I was young I was a ladies man. It's not that I'm not still but I have now been married except for 2 years since I was 26 years old to 3 different women. So, being a ladies man (all the time) isn't productive to raising children if you know what I mean.
But, the point I'm making here is that I could always bring intelligent women into my life as a ladies man because they are so attached to their intelligence. But, women who were much less intelligent but who had common sense often could see that I wasn't necessarily going to marry them and would turn me down.
What I'm saying here is that Intelligence isn't what keeps you alive. Intelligence is nice but unless you have common sense, Instinct and intuition you won't be alive very long. And this is pretty universal.
For example, we have all seen or heard about smart techs starting a dot com on the Internet and if they didn't have common sense in addition to their number crunching tech abilities were soon dead with their Ferrari's wrapped around a telephone pole or their Lear jets crashed somewhere while they were piloting them simply because intelligence alone doesn't keep you alive.
So, cultivating common sense, Intuition and instinct is more likely to keep you healthy and alive than anything else.
Why do cultures tend to cultivate ONLY intelligence Through Universities?
Because Intelligence keeps nations going and growing and functional and alive and vibrant.
But, common sense, intuition, and instinct actually keeps people alive and functional to old age.
Intelligence pursued often makes people alcoholics or drug addicts because of the associated neuroses that intelligence brings.
It is very difficult for intelligent people often to deal with death for example or the thought of death and then this might result in a hypochondriac from so much intelligence.
So, if you are really intelligent you will learn to develop your common sense, Intuition, instincts simply because as Einstein once said, "Intelligence isn't very useful if you don't also have common sense."
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars