The harder the medium and more unbreakable it is the more likely it could survive any outcome or eventuality that might come including floods, earthquakes, tsunamis etc. etc. etc.
So, I'm thinking storing digital footage of photos and movies within a crystalline medium like Quartz Crystal or even better Stainless steel likely would be the best medium for long term storage of human photos of millions of years so they still would be available for someone to see then here on earth or beyond.
Stainless steel would be good because it doesn't rust but there might be better alloys eventually that absolutely never rust ever too. For example, quartz crystal or other crystalline object don't rust but they are breakable often. Maybe man made Diamonds might be another storage for digital photos and videos too.
However, it might not be infinite read write but only one time inserting this data into a crystalline structure. But, once having done that (unless something bad happened like bending or breakage it would then last for thousands to millions of years as long as you had some device for retrieving those photos or videos ongoing.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Jared Kushner - Wikipedia
- Willamette River - Wikipedia
- Watch the Rachel Maddow Show today "6-23-17" because it will blow your mind in a historical way: MSNBC
- The Great Recession was planned since the Reagan era to steal from the Middle Class and poor by the rich
- This gentleman introduced Master John Douglas at the San Jose Healing Conference
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- What is the secret of life?