The harder the medium and more unbreakable it is the more likely it could survive any outcome or eventuality that might come including floods, earthquakes, tsunamis etc. etc. etc.
So, I'm thinking storing digital footage of photos and movies within a crystalline medium like Quartz Crystal or even better Stainless steel likely would be the best medium for long term storage of human photos of millions of years so they still would be available for someone to see then here on earth or beyond.
Stainless steel would be good because it doesn't rust but there might be better alloys eventually that absolutely never rust ever too. For example, quartz crystal or other crystalline object don't rust but they are breakable often. Maybe man made Diamonds might be another storage for digital photos and videos too.
However, it might not be infinite read write but only one time inserting this data into a crystalline structure. But, once having done that (unless something bad happened like bending or breakage it would then last for thousands to millions of years as long as you had some device for retrieving those photos or videos ongoing.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Glastonbury Abbey-Wikipedia
- Will Trump throw us into another Great Depression like the one Hoover put us into? (both Businessmen by the way)
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Trump's stance on Sanctuary Cities only make MS 13 Gang stronger
- Why don't we hear more about what Geomagnetic Storms (often from the sun) do to technology on earth?
- If you have HBO with your cable package you also have potential access to HBO Go
- From the French Wikipedia which usually has more info on the Comte De Saint Germain since he was in France then