The harder the medium and more unbreakable it is the more likely it could survive any outcome or eventuality that might come including floods, earthquakes, tsunamis etc. etc. etc.
So, I'm thinking storing digital footage of photos and movies within a crystalline medium like Quartz Crystal or even better Stainless steel likely would be the best medium for long term storage of human photos of millions of years so they still would be available for someone to see then here on earth or beyond.
Stainless steel would be good because it doesn't rust but there might be better alloys eventually that absolutely never rust ever too. For example, quartz crystal or other crystalline object don't rust but they are breakable often. Maybe man made Diamonds might be another storage for digital photos and videos too.
However, it might not be infinite read write but only one time inserting this data into a crystalline structure. But, once having done that (unless something bad happened like bending or breakage it would then last for thousands to millions of years as long as you had some device for retrieving those photos or videos ongoing.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?
- Most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Tuesday November 28th 2017
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Friday December 1st 2017
- Timothy Geithner, Bernanke and others helped prevent the 2nd Great Depression
- Douglas Adams (wrote Hitchikers guild to the Galaxy)
- US calls Venezuela a global threat
- most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Monday November 27th 2017