Monday, September 11, 2017

KSBW Radar

For weather radar on your Iphone or computer or Ipad type of device nationwide. LIkely if you are living on the west coast this would be easiest to use. I use if for when I want to walk my dogs. I usually can predict WHEN within 5 or 10 minutes of when rain is going to fall wherever I am. This saves me getting wet or having to take all weather gear (a rubber coat that is waterproof into the forest or on the beach with my dogs) when there is weather. So, if it is just a little rain I can avoid it if I want to or if it is raining al day I just take a rubber coat with a hood so I can stay dry. Because it is warmer here than a lot of places I wear crocs into the forest or on the beach because you can walk through streams or beach water or wherever and just rince the mud or sand off of them. I have walked literally through 3 foot deep streams with Crocs on before. However, they are not much good for scrambling onto slippery rocks. But, streams and ocean they are fine.

So, now I notice that the Iphone version of KSBW radar that you can set into motion is pretty good too. It used to not load very well but in some ways it is even better than the computer version now. I think they did this because when a big storm hits it will save more lives when people are out with their smartphones in bad situations in the weather.

The lady in Florida saved by her friend in California who got help for her through texting is one of many examples of lives being saved by texting or weather radar you can get on your phone through Cellular data in many situations if you aren't too remote. IF you are too remote only texting or a satellite phone might save you then. But, a Satellite phone is pretty expensive so most people don't have them.

I couldn't believe it when Irma was much bigger than the whole state of Florida at KSBW on my Iphone. This is why the whole state is a disaster area now and likely will be for weeks or months. This is going to financially destroy millions of people who live hand to mouth. So, Hopefully they will get enough food, clothing and water to survive this. But, it is sure to leave psychological scars either way. But, that is how you learn in life by experiences like this. (if you can survive them).

It is very likely that the people that have mental illness, PSTD and who die caused by  this Hurricane are going to outnumber the ones who died the night or day of the hurricane hitting them. This is usually the way of these things. But those people who die from causes after the disaster aren't usually counted at any point in all of these things. Some people are going to see what is left of  their homes, have a heart attack or go catatonic and be gone within a few weeks, especially the elderly who don't have the will or the strength to rebuild their lives once again.

In 1999 when I took my mother to Scotland and England she was fine. however, when I took her to Germany she was never the same again because her friend Bruce who was only 18 was cut in two by machine gun fire at the "Battle of the Bulge during World War II. So, she was never really okay again after I took her to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Northern Italy in a 6 passenger motor home with my 10 year old daughter, my 25 year old son and his friend from Munich to Aoste Italy and back to Munich.

What this is called is "Transfer TRauma" where people cannot change their environments after a certain age. In 1999 my mother was 80 years old by the way. By 2001 on 9-11 my mother had full blown senile dementia and after 9-11-01 we had to by Christmas put her in a Senile dementia facility because she had almost burned down her home by putting tupperware on the stove and praying when the plastic caught fire and ran down the stove for around 24 hours. AFter this we realized she was a danger to herself and others.

So, for my mother taking her away from her home at 80 to Europe caused a "horrific " train of events for both her and I.  Also, senile dementia or alzheimers is always fatal in the end. It's a fatal disease. She died in 2008 a month before turning 90.

So, if your relative is between 80 and 100 and their house is gone and all their things you should be prepared for anything in Florida or Georgia or South Carolina.

The point of all this is this: watch very carefully the behavior of your elder relative if their house is destroyed or severely damaged. Observe carefully their behavior to make sure they are all right ongoing.

My mother chose to stop driving at age 82 as she didn't feel she was safe driving anymore. However, this was the biggest change in her because she didn't get out much after that because driving was always her lifeline to the world. And she lived until a month before she was 90 when she slipped into a coma and was soon gone.

Doctors always said if she hadn't gotten senile dementia she would have lived to be 100 or more as her health was perfect except for senile dementia.

No comments: