Saturday, December 30, 2023

Even though the tides weren't as high today the waves were so big and strong that likely today there will be the most devastation from Oregon through California

I went to my favorite beach which has been gone (all the sand) from the big waves and even when I was on a 20 foot high bluff on a bench built there some of the spray got to me and at one point I thought I could be washed off the 20 foot high bluff. Then I looked to my right and the ocean was almost reaching the road. When I drove further down the water was pushing rocks and sand across the paved road we were driving on.

This is why today I think the damage is going to be even worse than with the super high tides. However, it is true that today the King tide Still was about 6.8 feet instead of the 7.6 feet vertically that it has been the last few days. I've also never seen as many tourists gather near the water and there were California state park rangers giving people tickets that walked through the barriers and onto the closed beaches too.

Life Guards and other Rescue people could die trying to rescue people on days like today from Oregon to The Mexico Border. So, I can see why Rangers were ticketing people who went down on the beach where it was closed.

No comments: