Sunday, December 31, 2023

I'm optimistic about AI too. However, I know it's also going to kill as many people as cars and trucks do yearly here in the U.S. as well

 

In fact, one of the biggest killers is likely to be things like the Tesla (and other cars) autopilot feature.

For example, even in my own main car we bought in 2022 it has this autopilot feature and it at times is a little scary if the car is driving itself if I'm on a freeway and passing a large semi truck. The autopilot just takes me too close to these big trucks so I have learned to take off the autopilot that drives the car automatically when passing big trucks on the freeway. So, these autopilot features and self driving taxis (which no driver at all aboard) I think are going to kill a lot of people who aren't either technically proficient or who are dumb enough to ride in a driverless taxi.

I think riding in a driverless taxi is about equally as dangerous (for now) as riding a motorcycle between cars on a busy freeway or sky diving. But that's just my opinion.

Then on top of this we will have (like China does now!) driverless Semi trucks crossing the U.S. Now those will get all sorts of people killed dead. So, even if you JUST are thinking about AI in regard to Vehicles it's going to cause all sorts of deaths because often people just are not technically knowledgeable to know what they are actually dealing with regarding self driving vehicles or vehicles with an Autopilot for some situations.

I had a 5000 mile trip for 5 weeks through Tahoe, Tetons, Glacier National Park, Banff in Canada and Lake Louise then across to Washington and Oregon and south to get used to a Autopilot in the car. And my wife was freaked out a lot until I learned to shut off the autopilot when passing semi Trucks on the Freeway!

So, it took me 5000 miles to fully understand how amazing and simultaneously dangerous Autopilots are on cars and trucks.

If you imagine your autopilot on your vehicle is a 5 year old child sitting in your lap learning to drive, this might be the most realistic way to assess what you are actually dealing with in an autopilot in a car or truck. 

No comments: