Saturday, December 30, 2023

Necessity is the mother of invention

In other words when you see people do extreme things (of any kind) it's often because they feel they have no other choice than to do what they are doing.

In watching human behavior this helps you survive not only your own "necessity is the mother of invention" but it also helps you survive others "Necessity is the mother of invention".

Because often if you interfere in any way when people are in extreme distress of one kind or another you might not survive it.

In my own life I had whooping cough that I almost died from at 2 years of age. Then I got a concussion and had seizures some times at night from this for 5 years until my cranium grew and the pressure on my brain was released. 

I noticed how afraid of girls and dating so many boys were but after facing death so much in my life girls for me were wonderful and not scary at all just because I had already died so many times in my life before I was 15 and started dating pretty regularly after that until I got married at age 26.

So, for me, meeting girls and dating was a wonderful relief from almost dying so much in my life. The other behavior that I got from near death experiences when young was that I became a risk taker.

I became a physical risk taker mainly because I couldn't really believe I was alive after almost dying so many times. So, I only really felt fully alive when I was on the edge of death after that. Only then would I believe I was actually alive still.

I think many of us have one type of medical PTSD or another in life from the traumas we survive during our lives.

But, the saying: "Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true in many ways.

By God's Grace

No comments: