Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Writing

I have been writing in a similar style since about 1980 now. It came about when I was walking home from Pine Grove Health food store (Now Berryvale) next to the Post Office in Mt. Shasta. But then, it was across from the Cemetery and I lived 4 to 6 blocks or so away where Lassen Lane meets Old Stage Road.

I developed this style from what I had learned in Psychology when I was studying to become a psychologist. At the time I wanted to help people who were gifted like myself, especially people who tend to know things before they happen. I thought I could prevent people like this from self destructing from being overly sensitive to certain things in life as people like this are the main reason the human race isn't extinct already thousands and maybe millions of years ago.

So, in developing this writing style I wanted to find a way to heal myself of traumas from childhood like whooping cough and a concussion and night time seizures from ages 10 to 15. I also had other traumatic events in my life that I wanted to heal myself from too.

The basic idea is to re-parent yourself to undo some of the bigger mistakes your parents made raising you. Even totally good parents make mistakes which wound us all. This is just life real life as it is and not in some fairy tale.

So, taking personal responsibility as an adult for everything that happened to you up until then is necessary so you don't live your whole life as a victim. You have to re-parent yourself and re-engineer your life to a life you can stand to live somehow. And what each of us needs in our life might be somewhat different than anyone else's needs.

I found that by age 15 I had decided I wanted to be a parent because adults growing up in the 1950s and early 1960s (I was 12 in 1960) seemed to be so miserable "Why would I want to be alive if I didn't have children?"

This made more sense to me than anything else then. But, did I really want to be married? Not Really. I wanted to be a father and to raise my own children mostly. But, if I needed to be married and to stay with one person while raising kids I was also okay with that for the kids sake even during the 1960s I thought this way. So, I became a father for the first time in 1974 when I was 26 years old. However, people Had to grow up faster than they do now or else often they didn't survive in the 1950s, 1960s and before.

By the 1970s everything had changed so much everywhere that it didn't seem like the same earth I grew up on at all (both in a good way and also in a bad way) both.

But, I found I could live and create a life I could stand to live in the 1970s. So, this is the reason I'm still alive today.

By God's Grace

No comments: