Saturday, July 25, 2026

379,002 appears to be the total amount of visits to this site in the last 24 hours. The cycle seems to be 5 pm to 5 pm

This is what I'm presently thinking. It's very strange in some ways because this time the full counter says

21,486,630. HOwever, this isn't the reality of the situation since 2007 here. For years and years the counters only went to 2 million 500,000 visits before they reset to zero which was disheartening every time this happened. 

So, the total visits here so far since 2007 are around 30 million to 50 million visits I figure.

However, if you are just starting a blog now what is important to understand is that what people will want to read is not what you think at all. This is Always true. Why?

Because you are just one person. However, then there are 8 billion other people on earth. So, one article tickles the fantasy of one person (for whatever the reason) and they send this to all their friends around the world.

But, you never know which one is going to touch people in this way. So, it's sort of raising up a flag until someone salutes it so to speak.

You never really know what article or articles are going to go viral or really for what reason necessarily either.

For example, this is my first really viral article in 2010 I believe:

Cessna 152

at the time I was really surprised how many people wanted to read this article starting in 2010 when I first published this one.  

So, I guess a lot of people want to be pilots and solo in an Airplane like I did.

I mostly flew Cessna 152s and Cessna 172s simply because you are less likely to die on those ones because if you go into a spin you just let go of the yoke (steering wheel) and it should right itself without you touching the controls.

This can be caused by doing a hammerhead move which is to stall the wings and heading your plane straight up until it falls about 1000 or more feet suddenly. 

However, I spoke to a guy doing this for his Pilot's license because it is one of the tests to get your license.

And he said that he almost crashed in a flat spin until he remembered this about Cessna 152s and 172s so he just before he crashed into the ground let go of the yoke (steering wheel) and it pulled itself out of the flat spin so he could land and not die. However, he was so messed up he crawled out of the plane and kissed the ground. But, he eventually recovered and bought a plane and is likely still a pilot today.

But, I bet many people would have given up flying at that point.

 

No comments: