This year, it also poses a later-than-normal risk of flooding in some areas. Due to hot weather this week, starting Wednesday morning and peaking early Friday morning, the Merced River in Yosemite Valley — where temperatures are forecast to hit 84 degrees Wednesday — could overflow its banks.
The river’s flood stage is 10 feet. It is expected to exceed
that height shortly after midnight Wednesday, peaking at 11 feet around
2 a.m. on Friday. Such a level, while inconvenient, would not cause
major flooding in Yosemite Valley.
end partial quote from:
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Category:3D printing
- Wednesday April 26th 2017: Most read articles at this site in the last 24 hours
- 3D printing - Wikipedia
- Friday May 5th 2017: The most read articles in the last 24 hours at this site
- Friday April 14th 2017: The 10 most read articles in the last 24 hours at this site
- Joan Baez - We shall overcome: Youtube: 3,229,728 views
- Boeing CH-47 Chinook - Wikipedia