This year, it also poses a later-than-normal risk of flooding in some areas. Due to hot weather this week, starting Wednesday morning and peaking early Friday morning, the Merced River in Yosemite Valley — where temperatures are forecast to hit 84 degrees Wednesday — could overflow its banks.
The river’s flood stage is 10 feet. It is expected to exceed
that height shortly after midnight Wednesday, peaking at 11 feet around
2 a.m. on Friday. Such a level, while inconvenient, would not cause
major flooding in Yosemite Valley.
end partial quote from:
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars