Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Coughing

The problem comes from the operation of repairing a burst appendix in the first place. A breathing tube is placed down your windpipe while you are unconscious and then a balloon like thing inflates so reflux from your stomach doesn't choke you to death during the operations by laparoscopic surgery.

However, then you are in for about 3 to 4 weeks of no sleep (or maybe 1 hour a night) because your breathing isn't going to be working exactly right. So, every time you want to sleep instead you cough and if you don't get up when you cough that much then eventually you throw up all your food which is even a worse problem to deal with. So, for me, anything that stops me from throwing up I do because throwing up is death for someone recovering from a burst appendix with laproscopic surgery.

So, with that in mind I got on board a bombadier prop jet in a seat where I was even with the prop on the right side. I had been working diligently the previous hour or so trying to book a ticket on my Iphone smartphone. However, the Alaska Air lines site kept getting a little hung up. They gave me the price of 195 dollars for this flight leaving Medford which I thought was a very good price considering that they had just offered me this seat at around 800 dollars the previous night. So I really wanted the seat for 195 dollars and the nice young gentleman ticket taker helped me get that price. He then gave me a row of seats(I think it was 6 d and 6e to sit in.

Then this frustrated older lady walks up and says "I think this is my seat" and I said, "No I don't think so they gave me my own row." Then the stewardess says, "Here lady this is your own row too. (the lady was quite hefty and frustrated in general for some reason.

The next thing I knew the prop jet which seemed to have about 12 blades for some reason starting spinning slowly to my right. The only problem with this is that the sun was strobing through it and I had had Blunt trauma childhood epilepsy as a child. So, the strobing started to make me pass out. So, I covered my eyes so I wouldn't pass out completely and possibly have a real problem.

Next the plane changed it's position and the strobing went away and the plane took off. By this time I was sitting in the window seat as the plane lifted off up into the sky. It was a wonderful feeling that I had accomplished going from no ticket to flight for only 195 dollars from Medford to Portland.

A very young and pretty and vivacious stewardess was on board the flight. She seemed having difficulty with me being so 60s or old or something. Or maybe I've always just been a smoozer with women. I'm very comfortable talking to them always unlike many men. And they have always liked me and been comfortable with me and I them. I think this is because I really liked my mother and grandmother who mostly raised me while Dad worked very hard during the week.

Looking back now I think the strobing of the sun through the 12? bladed prop jet started an uneasiness for me, then I started coughing as they put pure oxygen in the air already in the plane. Then my coughing didn't stop and I started to get scared I was going to have to throw up from coughing. So, I got up and asked the stewardess for a throw up bag so I didn't mess up the plane. So, she gave me one and I returned to my seat. But, I was still coughing. So, she got a doctor who was flying with us to sit with me and handed me an oxygen bottle which I gladly accepted. By this time I was having trouble gasping for air because coughing was still continuing. So, I breathed oxygen and finally my coughing slowed down with the pure oxygen coming into my lungs. The doctor talked to me and asked me questions. Then they said paramedics were going to meet us. I told the doctor that I didn't think I needed paramedics but they said it was standard procedure.

I told the doctor and the stewardess that the cough was a bi product of the type of operation I had lad.

Then when we landed paramedics came in and talked to me and the doctor. They picked up my backpack and jacket and I asked for my walker which I need now to have enough strength to walk. I noticed a lot of people milling about and was a little uncomfortable to be the focus of all this attention. However, the other side of this was that it was nice to get enough attention so I could keep breathing and not just pass out from the strobing, the coughing etc.

Bombardier Plane - Image Results


  1. Bombardier Q200 operated by the Mexican Navy. (Bombardier)



No comments: