I bought a Popular Science magazine that lists and talks about the 100 inventions that changed the world. I found this a pretty fascinating subject being someone who basically, (like my father, uncles, cousins and myself) is basically a technophile ( a lover of technology and the study of how everything works). The first 4 listed on the cover in pictures are: Drones, Locomotives, Penicillin and Electric Guitars.
Drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), are aircraft piloted by remote control or, more frequently, a preprogrammed flight path. Drones are primarily used by the military for surveillance or equipped with missiles for precision strikes. However, as drone technology progresses, the list of commercial applications is growing.
Drone research began as early as World war I and continued through World War II, but the programs had little success.
end quote from page 80 of: Popular Science 100 inventions that Changed the World.
Here is an article I compiled a while back on: Drones very small to large
If you want to see all the stuff I compiled or wrote about or both here at this site please put into the search window "Drones" here at this site.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- February 3 coronavirus news
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!