Thursday, April 16, 2015

Captain David Hartzell: my great Grandfather b. 1844 d. 1937

I was actually looking for my pilots log book when I found this information that I bought from a service (likely connected in some way to the Mormon Church that is really into ancestry.)

Captain David Hartzell my great Grandfather was born September 28th 1844
He passed away on January 28th 1937. He was 93 years old.

Matilda Jane Boots my Great Grandmother was born September 25th 1851
She passed away on February 2 1953 at 102 years of age.

So, it wasn't my Great Grandfather who lived to be over 100 like I had thought it as my Great Grandmother.

Captain David Hartzell was a Captain in the Northern Army of Kansas in the Civil War but returned home safely and they both lived in Roseville Kansas.

Their five children were:
Ernest David Hartzell
O. Leroy Philip Hartzell
Edna Augusta Hartzell
Frank Daniel Hartzell
Melvin Boots Hartzell

Amazing what you find late at night while looking for your pilot's log book

No comments: