Saturday, April 7, 2018

Full Speed Range 0MPH (ACC)

This appears to be a designation within Automatic Cruise Control in which you can engage the Automatic Cruise Control at any speed and it can come to a full stop. Some of these can re-engage by touching the brake pedal? or Throttle once the vehicle is stopped as well. I'm thinking if you were in heavy traffic where the traffic was going from 5 miles per hour or stopped that some drivers might put it in automatic cruise control and then only when it was stopped in traffic and then when the traffic started moving they might tap the brake pedal or throttle (depending upon the vehicle) to re-engage the Automatic Cruise Control or (ACC).

This reminds me of a Mercedes I rented with my family in London in 2011. It was a diesel and when I stopped at the first stop light the engine turned completely off. At first I thought I had been given a lemon and that I would have to take it back to the rental yard. But then, when traffic started up from the stop I happened to touch the foot throttle with my foot and the engine automatically started. I realized that this was a way to save fuel in Europe where fuel is much more expensive than the U.S.

No comments: