When I have studied history (for example, people in the U.S. in 1815 lived to be 38.8 years males IF they lived to be 20 first.
And women lived to be 36 years old approximately (if they lived to be 20 first).
Note: so many people died before 20 in 1815 from birth to 20 that it would completely skew the life expectancy if you did it any other way. This is one reason why so many people had 5 to 10 kids because about 1/2 of them likely would die before 20 then from illness or accident. This slowly changed from 1815 until 1900 where life expectancy moved up to 60 if you lived to be 20 first.
Even my mother's bed time prayer was in the 1920s: She was born in 1919.
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take
Amen
So, you can see here just how much death was with all children even then in the 1920s here in the U.S.
In 1900 you could expect (if you were healthy enough) to live to be 60.
We didn't really reach 70 (as a life expectancy) until 1950 really.
Now, if you live to be 30 you might expect to see 90.
However, with the opioid crisis and Trump, life expectancy might drop about 10 years too for the average person of any race here in the U.S.
So, because for thousands of years the "if you live to be 20 you might see 40 (was the best ANY society could offer on earth for thousands of years" until the U.S. in 1900 when we reached 60 as a potential life expectancy if you had lived to be 20 first.
So, in Europe and the U.S. and maybe a few other places on earth life expectancies started to rise only during the late 1800s and early 1900s after being very very low for thousands and thousands of years for the average person on earth.
This is why I always say, "Living past 40 is Grace".
By God's Grace
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
No comments:
Post a Comment