It had been 20 degrees colder in general the last week or two now and mostly cloudy. But, I live at the ocean where high or low fog is often common for days or even weeks at a time. So, I was surprised when it started raining yesterday and my wife brought the dogs inside to feed them as normally they eat outside once in the morning and at about 5pm at night. It proceeded to rain off and on all night and into the morning and even after I was going to walk my dogs in the late afternoon it was suddenly wet outside once again. So, I got my emergency Green plastic rubber jacket with a hood for working in weather emergencies or walking the dogs in the rain out and popped it into my truck so I would have it on my walk with the dogs in case I needed it.
As I just pulled up a radar weather map in action for the western United States I noticed that there is some snow coming down near Mt. Shasta, in Nevada, Utah, Montana, and North and South Dakota right now going on. There are still a few rain clouds coming into northern California off the ocean as well even now. For us, this is the first significant rain of the season.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling