Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Earthquake Patterns 1-12-10

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/N_America.php

I pasted the above interactive usgs site in above so you can see all the above 4.0 quakes that almost form a line between the Eureka Quake and the Haiti Quake. Though on one level Haiti might not formally be on the "Ring of Fire" but I think if you look on this map it needs to be considered a part of the "Ring of Fire". I have also noticed how much more common 4.0 to 5.0 and above quakes appear to be than a few years ago(before the 2004 Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami). However, since I am not a formal earthquake scientist I can't really compare what I know to what they understand.

However, as an intuitive when I look at Eureka and now Haiti it makes me kind of nervous when I trace all the 4.0s and above all the way from Eureka, California to Haiti and beyond.

What I'm saying is this. I hope the Eureka and Haiti Quakes aren't just pre-quakes for some other major movement somewhere else.

No comments: