Today I skied with my 20 year old daughter at the Lifts on Mt. Shasta. We started skiing(she snowboarding)(even though she was an expert skier first). Today was a very beautiful day. Though there was plenty of snow the lifts were closed until the last couple of days because of a severe power outage in South Siskiyou County California. At one point 95% of the power was out domestically including the ski lifts. But like I said the last few days it's on again. Today it snowed some which dusted the slopes with several inches of new snow which made the skiing fairly good even though in some places it seemed to stick to my skis.
We skied until 6 pm. When we reached the car we saw the biggest full moon of the winter coming up over the mountains. My daughter called it "The Full Wolf Moon" as it tends to be the one the wolves would howl at the most in the wilds.
As we headed north to her home in Oregon we were happy to have had such a great day on the slopes!
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Sanskrit: Om Mani Padme Hum
- Took a fall in Kahului the day I left
- Uncle Tommy Travels Time from dragonofcompassion.com
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has warned for years that increasingly intelligent machines will dominate humans and turn us into their pets
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- In 1980 I was a survivalist for awhile which in some ways is similar to a "Prepper" today